I work with communities, national partners, and funders to strengthen and accelerate the spread of effective community systems-building initiatives that “put the pieces together” for young children and their families. One particular focus of this work is on bringing the health sector into broader early childhood initiatives.
I do this work because
There is amazing, innovative work taking place in communities across the country to better support families, address inequities, and help all children reach their full potential. It is a privilege to be able to help these initiatives connect, learn from one another, and share their expertise with policymakers, national organizations, and others.
I am most proud of
Launching and leading the initial development of the EC-LINC initiative.
- Independent Health Policy/ Program Consultant
- Senior Policy Analyst/ Special Project Advisor, Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
- Health Policy Specialist, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Education and Awards
- M.P.H. in Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- B.S.N., School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco
- B.A. in American Culture, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
When the day is done
I serve on the board of the Centering Healthcare Institute, work in my garden, and volunteer with several community action groups in my neighborhood in San Francisco.