I engage in network design, facilitation, and capacity building to help leaders develop the skills they need to get clear about the results they are trying to achieve, align the contributions of multiple partners, and engage in learning to increase their effectiveness. Whether supporting leaders in creating a vision for their neighborhood, to more fully realizing the potential of their mixed-income community development, to improving education outcomes in their community, the common thread in my work is a focus on fostering greater collaboration and learning in the service of better results for children and families.
I do this work because
I believe that the solutions to our most pressing social problems require resources and contributions from a wide range of stakeholders, including those from government, philanthropy, business, and community.
I am most proud of
My work supporting Promise Neighborhood leaders across the nation as they build cradle-to-career pipelines for children and youth in their communities.
- Legislative Correspondent, New York City Council
- Teacher, New York City Department of Education
Education and Awards
- M.P.P., Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan
- M.S. in Teaching Adolescents, Pace University
- B.S. in Psychology, Michigan State University
- Executive Program Certificate in Social Impact Strategy, School of Social Policy & Practice, University of Pennsylvania
When the day is done
I enjoy engaging in pro bono consulting with nonprofits in the Washington, DC community.