Senior Associate and Program Director
She, Her, Hers
I direct our work as a consortium partner in the National Center on Parent, Family, and Community Engagement. I oversee efforts to share best practices for engaging families in Head Start, Early Head Start, and childcare programs to achieve positive outcomes for young children. We focus in particular on program-level practice and system-level policies that address equity, promote family economic mobility, and raise the quality and accessibility of early care and education opportunities for families with young children.
I do this work because
I am committed to promoting equitable opportunities for young children to thrive within the context of their families and communities.
I am most proud of
Being part of the Strengthening Families national leadership team at CSSP and advocating for state and federal policy opportunities that support families to build protective factors that ensure children thrive.
- Independent consultant for national early childhood policy organizations (sole proprietor)
- Program Director, National Governors Association
- Legislative Analyst, American Public Human Services Association
Education and Awards
- B.A., Princeton University
- Emerging Leaders Fellow, Children’s Defense Fund
- Lyman H. Atwater Prize in Politics, Princeton University, for best thesis on a subject in political science
When the day is done
I enjoy spending time with my spouse and four children, and manage the parent cooperative at my children’s elementary school.