Program and Research Assistant
I assist with the implementation of DULCE, a pediatric-based healthcare intervention that addresses social determinants of health. I do this through creating technical assistance materials, organizing webinars and calls between national staff and local staff, and helping tell the story of DULCE.
I do this work because
I believe it is imperative we address the disparities that exist in healthcare and develop outcomes because of racial and economic disparities, as well as those connected to immigration status.
I am most proud of
An ongoing project I am conducting that seeks to celebrate and share the stories of the DULCE Family Specialists who are the linchpins of the intervention.
- At-Large Coordinating Committee Representative, United Students Against Sweatshops
- Intern, Tahirih Justice Center
- Executive Team Member, Serbia Fellowship Experience
Education and Awards
- B.A., University of Alabama, Summa Cum Laude
- Truman Scholar, Alabama 2016, $30,000 graduate school scholarship awarded to college junior who excels in public service and changemaking
- Distinguished Undergraduate Scholar, rewarded to around 15-20 graduating students who never received a grade below an “A”
When the day is done
I enjoy creative writing, dancing, amateur makeup artistry, language learning, and spending time with my loved ones.