David C. Blount
Senior Policy Analyst
He, Him, His
Support efforts to design and advocate for anti-racist policy, develop community-based programs, and reform public systems in support of equitable outcomes for children of color and their families
I do this work because
I believe every child should grow up in livable, sustainable, and equitable communities in support of reaching their full potential.
Professionally, I am most proud of
Empowering communities in designing, implementing, and seeing the results of community-driven program and policy solutions.
- Research Analyst, Urban Institute
- Bill Emerson National Hunger Fellow, Congressional Hunger Center
- City Year Chicago, Corps member
Education and Awards
- MSW, Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis
- BA in Sociology & International Studies, Loyola University Chicago
When the day is done
I love to cook and share meal with loved ones.