Program & Research Assistant
They, Them, Theirs
I assist with the monitoring of child welfare systems operating under federal consent decrees and provide support and contribute to a variety of projects for the Equity, Inclusion, and Justice team; the Alliance for Racial Equity; and getREAL.
I do this work because
I am passionate about improving the lives of children and youth, especially those who face systemic barriers to accessing services, resources, and opportunities.
I am most proud of
Being elected to represent George Washington University’s 27,000 students as student body president.
- Board Member, Trans Student Educational Resources
- Intern, Justice Policy Institute
Education and Awards
- B.A. in Political Science and Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Studies, The George Washington University
- Distinguished Scholar Award, given to two graduating seniors who have excelled academically and shown commitment to scholarship through participation in research or other academic leadership activities.
- Undergraduate Prize for Feminist Scholarship, awarded to one graduating senior (who majored in Women’s Gender & Sexuality Studies) to acknowledge outstanding undergraduate scholarship.
When the day is done
I am a dancer, an avid reader, and a performer with the Whip-It Outskirt’s Rocky Horror Picture Show shadow cast.
- Transgender Day of Visibility in a Time of Social Distancing and Staying Indoors
- Working to #SeeChange
- Developing Our inSIGHT on Implicit Racial Bias
- Threats and Opportunities
- It’s Time to getREAL About Coming Out
- Why We getREAL
- Minnesota Seeks to Preserve African American Families with New Legislation