She, Her, Hers
I advance our policy work to ensure all families have equitable access to public systems and support. As a member of the policy team, I research and advocate for equitable anti-poverty policies, including work on paid leave, child care, and a child allowance to promote family economic security.
I do this work because
I believe that every child deserves to be economically secure, and to have all that they need to thrive.
I am most proud of
During my Master’s program at Indiana University, I researched hidden figures of the university—specifically people of color and women—and advocated for the university to honor their legacies and tell their stories, which culminated in over 30 blogs, 10+ presentations, seven portraits, and a statue recognizing their historic contributions.
- Program Associate, Higher Learning Advocates
- Research Intern, The Century Foundation
- Consultant, Progressive Caucus Action Fund
- Graduate Research & Program Assistant, Indiana University
- Finance Assistant, Liz Watson for U.S. Congress
Education and Awards
- M.P.A., O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University
- B.A. in Journalism, The Media School, Indiana University
When the day is done
I enjoy going on hikes around the DC area, cooking and baking, and spending time with friends and family.
- Understanding the Experiences of Parenting Students and their Families
- Meeting Basic Needs is a Challenge for Parenting Students
- Administrative Burdens Create Barriers for Parenting Students
- A Day in the Life of Parenting Students Who Participate in CalWORKs
- Rescuing Child Care: The American Rescue Plan Act’s Positive Impact for Families
- Beyond Temporary Relief for Families: Lessons from ARPA’s Investments in Child Care & the Child Tax Credit
- Where Do We Go From Here?: How Temporary Investments in the Child Tax Credit & Child Care Impacted North Carolina Families, and the Road Ahead
- “We Don’t Have that in Mississippi”: How Temporary Expansions of the Child Tax Credit & Child Care Demonstrate the Importance of Federal Investments & Oversight
- A ‘Godsend’: How Temporary Investments in the Child Tax Credit and Child Care Impacted Michigan Families