Program and Research Assistant
He, Him, His
I support the work of the Young Children and Families team and DULCE, specifically to strengthen early childhood systems, to prevent and mitigate the effects of toxic stress in pediatric settings, and to improve outcomes for children and families of color. I also support the Equity, Inclusion, & Justice Team by coordinating logistics and learning activities.
I do this work because
I do this work because I am committed to the empowerment, advocacy, and liberation of communities that are marginalized, and I believe that the pursuit of health equity is a fundamental part of this commitment.
I am most proud of
Professionally, I am most proud of working with lawyers at Asian Americans Advancing Justice to submit my personal story as part of the amicus brief for the SFFA v. Harvard trial to advocate for equitable, race-conscious admissions policies.
- Director, Boston Refugee Youth Enrichment (BRYE), an after school program serving immigrant and refugee youth in the Dorchester neighborhood
- Undergraduate Researcher, Boston Children’s Hospital, Laboratories of Cognitive Neuroscience
- IDEAS Framework Intern, Center on the Developing Child
Education and Awards
- B.A. in Psychology, Harvard University
- Donald W. Moreland Public Service Award, recognizes the selflessness, generosity, and work to ensure a caring society in the future with a particular focus on those who have worked to better the lives of children and families
- Priscilla Chan STRIDE Scholar, awarded to those demonstrating community leadership and a passion for social justice
- The Changemaker Award, awarded by Asian Americans Advancing Justice to the affirmative action group at Harvard University advocating for race-conscious admissions policies
- Frank R. Parker Client Award, awarded by the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law for courage and steadfast commitment to promoting racial diversity and equal opportunity for all Americans.
When the day is done
When the day is done I paint, loiter at art museums, advocate for Asian American and immigrant communities, or engage in service work!
- DULCE Animations: Creating Content with Equity in Mind
- Interview: DULCE Family Specialist Joins Health System’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee
- How EC-LINC Communities Responded to COVID-19: Kicking-off the Brief Series
- DULCE: A Multi-Sector Approach to Addressing the Social Determinants of Health During and Beyond the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Home is Here: Reflecting on the Supreme Court Hearing on DACA