Director, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
I lead our internal strategic vision for addressing equity in all areas of work and externally provide technical assistance to jurisdictions working to address racial inequities. I coordinate CSSP’s Institutional Analysis project, a qualitative review process to analyze laws, policies, and practices that contribute to racial and other inequities for child, youth, and families involved with child welfare systems. I also co-lead CSSP’s getREAL initiative that works at the local, state, and national level to support the healthy sexual and identity development of youth in foster care, with a particular focus on youth who identity as LGBTQ and gender expansive.
I do this work because
I have a keen sense of justice. This work simply goes to the core of who I am.
I am most proud of
Seeing the change that has occurred as a result of the Institutional Analysis work—some of the change is immediate and predictable and some takes longer and is creative and unexpected.
- Staff Attorney, Legal Services for Children in San Francisco
- Skadden Fellow, National Center for Youth Law
Education and Awards
- J.D., Berkeley Law, University of California Berkeley
- B.A., Yale University
When the day is done
I enjoy spending time with my family, taking kids to various activities, and occasionally squeezing in a yoga class for me.
- A Quick Guide to Understanding the Institutional Analysis
- The Institutional Analysis: Uncovering Pathways to Improving Public Systems and Interventions for Children and Families
- Fresno County Department of Social Services: Confronting Racial Inequities and Disproportionality to Improve Child Welfare Outcomes for Children & Families