I support the work of the Systems Change team, which provides monitoring and technical assistance to child welfare systems to strengthen communities and improve outcomes for children and families. I also support the Alliance for Racial Equity, an initiative that focuses on advancing equity and reducing racial and economic disparities.
I do this work because
I am driven by the belief that children, families, and communities deserve access to resources and services that improve their lives, and I am inspired by working with individuals who carry brighter visions for the future.
I am most proud of
Joining a team to assist in planning a youth-led conference to give space for youth in foster care to communicate their experiences and offer advice to their peers.
- Coordinator, Best Kids
- Research and Communications Intern, Freedman Consulting, LLC
Education and Awards
- M.P.P., Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration, George Washington University
- B.A. in Government, African American Studies, and Gender Studies, Georgetown University
- Women’s Leadership Fellow, selective cohort of female identifying master’s candidates
- Robert P. Sibley Writing Prize, award for undergraduates who demonstrate promise in English composition
When the day is done
I mentor youth in foster care, and in the summer, I can usually be found outside in my garden.