I lead the work we do to support early childhood programs and agencies and expand the role of parents as advocates and leaders in their systems through sustainable practice and policy changes. I provide technical assistance to communities that are adapting DULCE; help design and implement a Breakthrough Series Collaborative to promote social and emotional learning practices in child care and Head Start centers in Boston, Massachusetts; and identify effective implementation strategies for promoting the social and emotional health of children and parents through pediatric medical home and well visits.
I do this work because
I am inspired by my boys and want them to be proud their mother is working for a more just, equitable community.
I am most proud of
As the director of the Defending Childhood Initiative, I led the design and implementation of a Trauma-Informed Early Education and Care Centers Breakthrough Series Collaborative that worked with Boston early care and education centers to use quality improvement methods to implement and adopt trauma-informed practices, policies, and environments.
- Director, Defending Childhood Initiative, Boston Public Health Commission
- Research Assistant, Boston Children’s Hospital
Education and Awards
- M.S. in Public Health, T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Harvard University
- B.A. in Sociology, Villanova University
- Improvement Advisor Professional Development Program, The Institute for Healthcare Improvement
When the day is done
I live in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts with my husband and two young sons, where we love exploring our neighborhood, making art together, and cooking.
- Parent Engagement and Leadership Assessment Guide and Toolkit: Full Report
- Parent Engagement and Leadership Assessment Guide and Toolkit: Questions for Grantmakers
- Parent Engagement and Leadership Assessment Guide and Toolkit: Comprehensive Report
- Early Childhood Development and Community Safety: Mobilizing Communities for Action