She, Her, Hers
I support internal and external communications strategy as the Communications Coordinator to amplify our mission priorities.
I do this work because
I deeply resonate with mission of CSSP and being part of it. I enjoyed working as an Ambassador on the CARES project and now having the opportunity to have a bigger impact on our mission.
I am most proud of
I am most proud of the relationships I built with the people I have worked closely with through my six years in child welfare advocacy, but specifically the young people.
- Youth Advisory Board Coordinator, The Center for Fair Futures, coalition of child welfare agencies, non-profits, foundations, advocates and young adults working to ensure New York City’s foster youth have mentorship from ages 11-26.
- Youth Development Coordinator, HeartShare St. Vincent’s Services, NYC based Non-profit organization.
- Committee Member, Narrowing the Front Door / Redlich Horwitz Foundation, multi-perspective and multi-disciplinary workgroup dedicated to narrowing the NYC’s child welfare system.
- Consultant, Hilton Foundation/ M&C Saatchi World Services, reviewed the ways in which stories are by looking at storytelling through the perspectives of communications experts, local partners and people with lived experience.
Education and Awards
- B.A. in Journalism with a minor in Psychology, The State University of New York at New Paltz.
- Fair Futures Award, issued by NYC Council Member Vanessa L. Gibson for outstanding leadership and advocacy to ensure a fairer future for New York City’s foster care population.
- City Council Citation Speaker’s Achievement Award, Issued by NYC Council Members for demonstrating academic excellence and commitment to public service.
When the day is done
I love reading, journaling, and coloring. I serve as a board member for CASA (court appointed special advocates) NYC, family court judges assign advocates for children and youth in New York City foster care and at high risk of foster care placement.