Vice President, Public Policy
I lead the policy team and direct and advance CSSP’s policy agenda. As part of this work, I work with policy partners and policymakers to advance policy that is good for families through its creation and implementation. I work to promote equity and inclusivity in all of our organizational policy work, as well as part of external policy conversations.
I do this work because
Policy impacts everyone—it isn’t just a boring and technical thing; it affects the way people live their lives. I am committed to ensuring that communities of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and people who are from immigrant families benefit from public policy.
- Budget Analyst, Administration for Children and Families
- Center for American Progress
- Policy Aide, U.S. Senate
Education and Awards
- M.S.W., University of Michigan School of Social Work
- B.A., Maxwell School of Citizenship, Syracuse University
- Freud Fellow, developed to support research to integrate theory and practice in field instruction. Selection is based on demonstrated outstanding potential for professional practice.
- Harrison Scholar, awarded to a researcher in social work or public administration who exemplifies dedication to public service and integrity
- Presidential Management Fellow
When the day is done
I most enjoy traveling with my family.
- Raising the Bar: Child Welfare’s Shift Toward Well-Being
- Opportunities for Progress: Better Serving Families with Domestic Violence through the Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA)
- Supporting All Our Values: How Publicly Funded, Faith-Based Child Welfare Providers and Non-Discrimination Laws Can Promote Well-Being
- Prevent, Protect, and Provide: How Child Welfare Can Better Support Low-Income Families
- CSSP Makes Policy Recommendations to Achieve Racial Equity in Child Welfare
- Dismantling the Pipeline: Addressing the Needs of Young Women and Girls of Color Involved in Intervening Public Systems (Promoting the Health and Well-Being of Young Women and Girls)
- 20 Years of TANF: Opportunities to Better Support Families Facing Multiple Barriers
- Out of the Shadows: Supporting LGBTQ Youth in Child Welfare Through Cross-System Collaboration
- Out of the Shadows: Supporting LGBTQ Youth in Child Welfare Through Cross-System Collaboration (Current Landscape)
- Out of the Shadows: Supporting LGBTQ Youth in Child Welfare Through Cross-System Collaboration (Strategies)
- Achieving Racial Equity: Child Welfare Policy Strategies