Senior Policy Analyst
At CSSP, I work to advance our policy agenda to prevent children and families from becoming involved with the child welfare system, specifically through providing technical assistance to states and counties implementing legislation, and state/local efforts related to building and enhancing a prevention continuum. I will also support the economic and health justice policy work.
I do this work because
I believe that all children and families deserve safety, stability, and dignity.
I am most proud of
I am most proud of working with cash assistance advocates in California to publish a research publication on work requirements in the CalWORKs program, which led to the opportunity to testify before an Assembly budget subcommittee hearing.
- Policy Analyst, The California Budget & Policy Center
- Research Assistant, Poverty Solutions at the University of Michigan
- Development & Academic Marketing Assistant, The New Press, a non-profit publisher
Education and Awards
- M.P.P., University of Michigan Ford School for Public Policy
- B.A., Yale University
- Rackham Merit Fellow at the University of Michigan, based on academic achievement and commitment to diversity
When the day is done
At the end of the day, I love to pamper my cats, get lost in a new book or tv show, and go out to eat with friends.