Steven D. Cohen
I lead and participate in projects to help systems get better at the work they do with children and families. Some of those projects are about understanding and using new scientific knowledge about child development, and others are about using data and evidence to improve.
I do this work because
I believe everyone should have a fair chance, and as a society we are a long way away from achieving that goal.
I am most proud of
Helping to change New York City’s child welfare system for the better, first from inside that system early in my career and then later as an outsider contributing to reform.
- Senior Fellow, Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University
- Vice President, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Associate Executive Vice President, Jewish Board of Family and Children’s Services
Education and Awards
- M.P.A, The Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University
- B.A. in Economics and History, Cornell University
- Certificate, Institute for Non-Profit Management, Columbia University
When the day is done
I enjoy art, sports, and travel.
- Coming Together During COVID-19: Early Childhood Systems Supporting Families
- Literature Review: The Evidence Decision-Makers Want
- Executive Summary: The Evidence Decision-Makers Want
- The Evidence Decision-Makers Want
- Fostering Social and Emotional Health through Pediatric Primary Care: Common Threads to Transform Everyday Practice and Systems
- Fostering Social and Emotional Health through Pediatric Primary Care: Common Threads to Transform Everyday Practice and Systems—Executive Summary
- Early Childhood System Performance Assessment Toolkit
- Transformational Relationships for Youth Success