The Evidence for Equity initiative began in 2018 as the result of a symposium focused on the intersection of evidence and equity. This daylong conversation was designed to explore the relationship between evidence and achieving more equitable outcomes while also recognizing often overlooked evidence necessary for advancing equity.
We were thrilled to bring many greater thinkers from the field together to discuss this critical notion of centering equity in the conversation about evidence. From the seeds of that conversation, we are working to spread this important work to a larger field through in-person and digital discussions. It is our hope that using the hashtag #Evidence4Equity will create a digital space to amplify this work—both ours and what is being done in the field by friends and partners—and give us a unifying umbrella under which to house these important changemaking conversations.
Evidence for Equity Blogs
- Equity at the Center of Implementation (December 10, 2019)
- Values, Voices, and Validity (December 2, 2019)
- A Shift Toward Equitable Evaluation Means Starting Small (October 30, 2019)
- Promoting Equity with Improvement Science (September 26, 2019)
- Applying Principles of Equity to a Foundation’s Learning and Evaluation Agenda (August 21, 2019)
- Kicking off the #Evidence4Equity Conversation (July 30, 2019)
- Using Evidence to Advance More Equitable Outcomes (April 28, 2018)