Arthur Fidel Argomaniz
Project and Research Associate
I support monitoring the Humboldt County, California child welfare system in meeting their system change goals. I have served on the management team of the First 5 LA Best Start placed-based initiative and manage CSSP’s Los Angeles office.
I do this work because
Families and communities are the best experts—this is especially true when they are well informed and have a voice in decision making.
I am most proud of
Being a part of the CSSP team that developed and helped implement best practices around data-driven decision making and community engagement with the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services through a federally-funded project of the Western and Pacific Implementation Center.
- Youth Advocate/Case Manager for the South LA YouthBuild Program, Coalition for Responsible Community Development
- Co-Founder, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Circle Keeper, Red Road Consulting
Education and Awards
- A.A. in Liberal Arts, Rio Hondo College
- B.A. in Sociology with a minor in Chicano Studies, University of Southern California
- Founding Member of Campus and Community United, a student-led partner of the UNIDAD campaign to fight gentrification in the neighborhoods surrounding USC main and health science campuses.
- Steering Committee Member, Trauma Informed LA, an all-volunteer, grassroots organization working to foster resilient communities in Los Angeles.
- Conference Planning Committee Member, Healing Communities Collaborative, focused on uplifting native and indigenous healing practices in community work.
When the day is done
I enjoy coming home to my family—my beautiful high school sweetheart, three wonderful children, and our red husky and yellow Labrador retriever.