More than 25 parent leaders from 10 EC-LINC communities are participating in the PLN. A small steering committee represents parents across multiple communities to plan and lead the Network’s strategies. All PLN members work to promote the Manifesto for Race Equity and Parent Leadership in Early Childhood Systems both locally and nationally.
We believe that:
- Parents should be at the center of the work of early childhood agencies and systems;
- Parents should be participating at all levels from planning to budgeting to decision-making;
- Parents should be valued as experts; and
- Parents should be powerful leaders in their communities and beyond.
A group of 40 parent leaders and agency staff from nine EC-LINC communities, with support from CSSP staff and consultants, came together to create this Manifesto for Race Equity and Parent Leadership in Early Childhood.
|Download the English version of the Manifesto here.||Download the Spanish version of the Manifesto here.|
We spoke with some Parent Leaders at the inaugural gathering of the Parent Leader Network (PLN) in 2019. These videos (both the abridged and original cuts) capture what it means to them to be on the PLN and why they are so committed to doing this work.
Parent Leader Network Steering Committee members are elected for a one-year term to represent parents in their communities as the decision-making body of the Parent Leader Network, plan and lead Network strategies, and promote the Manifesto locally and nationally. Up to two parent leaders from selected EC-LINC communities can serve on the Steering Committee.
Guilford County, NC
- Sean Morris
- Caroline Austin
- Vijayalakshmi “Viji” Sivasanka
Kent County, MI
- Anthony Queen
- Nicole Burman
Multnomah County, OR
- Kathleen “Red” Holified
- Lydia Gray-Holifield
Orange County, CA
- Idalia Nayelie Rios Pacheco
- Vanessa Gonzales
Palm Beach County, FL
- Sherrah Hill
Ventura County, CA
- Elizabeth Szczepanek
- Danielle Thomas
Volusia/Flagler Counties, FL
- Helena Girouard
- How COFI Training Has Impacted Me and My Community, Nicole Burman, CSSP PLN Steering Committee, May 2020