Senior Policy Analyst
I advance our policy work—analyzing and providing technical assistance on anti-poverty policies, with a focus on how they affect immigrant families and communities of color. I have written on the economic benefits of unauthorized workers receiving legal status, the role of race in immigration and child welfare policy, and the discriminatory effects of work requirements and other restrictions on public benefits.
I do this work because
I believe all families should be economically secure and able to pursue their dreams.
I am most proud of
Achieving my Ph.D. in history, which gave me the opportunity to think deeply about the roots of present-day economic and racial inequities.
- Consultant, Georgetown Center on Poverty and Inequality, Economic Security and Opportunity Initiative
- Assistant Professor of History, University of South Florida St. Petersburg
- Research Associate for Task Force on Poverty, Center for American Progress
Education and Awards
- Ph.D. in History, Harvard University
- B.A., Princeton University
- Cromwell Dissertation Prize, American Society for Legal History
When the day is done
I enjoy going on long walks in Rock Creek Park with my husband and two little girls.
- If You Want to Help Kids, Don’t Impose Work Tests on Programs that Meet their Basic Needs
- Trump’s Immigration Policy Is Part of a Long U.S. History of Ripping Families Apart
- Children Belong with their Families
- Institutional Racism and the Urgent Need to Transform Public Systems that Separate Families
- Comment Period Begins Today for Public Charge Rule That Threatens Immigrant Communities
- Trump Administration Seeks to Jail Immigrant Children and Families Indefinitely
- House to Vote on Farm Bill that Would Impose New Work Requirements on Families with Children
- Michigan Medicaid Work Requirement Would Discriminate Against Communities of Color
- What do “Work Requirements” Actually Require?—INFOGRAPHIC
- What do “Work Requirements” Actually Require? A look at programs that meet families’ basic needs in Montgomery County, Maryland
- Our Future Together: A Framework for an Equitable Immigration System that Protects and Promotes the Well-Being of Families
- Entangled Roots: The Role of Race in Policies that Separate Families